Thursday, May 28, 2009

No Whammy! No Whammy!
















Ugh! What can I say? I'm a sucker for game shows. Game shows, like people, come in all shapes and sizes. Some want you to roll some dice, others want you to eat a pair of testicles, while others still want you to figure out pi x 3.41 x 1,3019234 divided by 12347 x 8 + your age - 1804351 x 235-135425 squared x 10 to the fifth power + 1-12438723562956918723847. Ironically...that's an actual math problem. I know, you thought I was being silly or was potentially f*ckin' crazy. It's cool, let's just call it even. The point is, I recently acquired Verizon Fios. It was quite the culture shock, coming from a previous situation which was based on rabbit ears and barely received your 4, 5, & 7. After having time to live with Fios.....I've found that I've grown beyond the former couch potato status that I adopted while living with my parents and now.....there's very little that I actually want to watch. HOWEVER, being an editor means that computers require rendering time...and during those times, the television magically turns on. With nothing to watch (day time television blows the monkey's uncle) I find that I'm watching GSN (The Game Show Network). Have you explored this option? It's an interesting one. I'm a sucker for the feud, I like watching millionaire, and I wonder how I'd do on the newly wed game. Would I get the answers right? Or would I soon be facing divorce or counseling? In case you're not watching...I'll urge you to.....ESPECIALLY! in this here economic crisis. The shows MIGHT be fun,....but you can also win cash and prizes just by watching the network. Hosts, who are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! (especially what's-his-face) will ask you to call in with the answer to difficult questions like, what president is on the 5 dollar bill? What do humans breathe? In the game of baseball, what do players hit with a bat? You know....really difficult stuff like that. So if you need money, I'd suggest coming over and we'll see what we can win.   

No comments:

Post a Comment